About the Journal
The “Journal of Geography and Social Sciences (JGSS)” is an open access, peer-reviewed, multidisciplinary journal that publishes rapid publication of substantive and integrative research articles in all areas of geography and social sciences. This journal will be published online bi-annually in the months of June and December by Department of Geography and Regional Planning, University of Balochistan, Quetta. It is an open access journal, free for readers.
We provide a supportive and accessible services for our authors throughout the publishing process. Benefits of publishing with JGSS are as follows;
- HEC Recognition: Journal of Geography and Social Sciences (JGSS) intends to apply for HEC recognition after publishing its due volumes. Currently, JGSS follows Y category peer review process as per HEC guidelines.
- Quality: We are committed to the highest standards of blind peer review. The Editorial Board of the journal determines their peer review policy, while maintaining our high standards.
- Rapid Publication: Manuscripts are single-blind peer reviewed and the first decision takes approximately seven working days after submission. The review process will be completed within 8 weeks. Acceptance to publications will be undertaken in an average of two weeks.
- Open Access: All articles accepted for publications are open accessed in HTML and PDF formats.
- Publishing Ethics: JGSS will adhere to Committee on Public Ethics (COPE).
- Visibility: We are committed to increase the visibility of articles through accessing major data bases and prominent indexing agencies.
- Acquisition of ISSN: The JGSS will apply for the acquisition of Electronic E-ISSN as per the due procedures. However, the journal will also apply for Print ISSN, if required in the future.
- Copy Rights under Creative Common (CC) Licence: Articles of the JGSS will be licenced under Creative Commons (CC) which is a form of licensing that allows any user to “distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work,” provided that they credit the original authors in all cases.